Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paper Engineered Lighting by 7GODS

Paper engineering is truly an art. I remember during my foundation year (the first year of art studies before you get to chose a major) at Parson's, one of the projects we were given as students was to create wearable footwear entirely made out of paper. No adhesives, tape or staples were allowed in the execution of this project. And let me tell you, that project was no joke! Come to think of it, I wonder if I still have pictures...

So when I saw these amazing lamps created by 7GODS, a british design agency I was immediately blown away by the beauty and ingenuity of each of these amazing lamps. All the designs are handmade and available on limited edition. Here are some of my favorite selections.







I love that they kept all of these sculptures white so that you can fully enjoy the sculptural effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment